If you want your content to reach readers outside your own audience, you need to make sure it is shareable. Your content needs to be something that anyone can connect to and want to share with their friends and coworkers. So how do you know if you’re providing engaging content? Here are some tips to make sure your content is not only read, but also shared around the web.
The secret ingredients of shareable content
There are some things that appear in content that make people eager and ready to share it. Those who have mastered these ingredients find that their content is shared more often and with a wider audience.
Some of these secret ingredients are:
How do you get people to even click your link and read your content if it does not have a compelling headline? Most people judge your content by its headline. Therefore, your headline must be engaging and appeal to your audience’s emotions, needs, or curiosity.
If your audience read your content and decide to share it, only a compelling headline can convince their followers and friends to click your link, thereby making the shared content to bring in more leads.
2. Your visuals
Content marketers have claimed that visual content like infographics are shared three times more than all other content types.
Therefore, you should also supplement your articles with high quality eye-catching pictures, graphic designs, and videos which can easily be shared on social media platforms like Instagram and Pinterest that only support visual content.
3. Informative content
A huge advantage of creating a blog for your website is positioning yourself as an expert in your field. A great way to do that is to create incredibly unique and informative content.
People really respond to listicles, how-to articles, infographics, and more.
4. Organized and readable content
How do you expect anyone to share your content if they can’t read it? No matter how informative your content is if you didn’t take the time to carefully organize it so readers can easily navigate and interact with it, there is no way anyone would want to share your content.
Assignment writing help suggests that you organize your content to make it more readable with:
- White space
- Short paragraphs
All of these make it easy for readers to skim through your content and get the information needed and make them eager to share the info with their friends.
5. Easy to share format
The best way to encourage people to read your content is to provide the means for prospects to share your content by incorporating social share buttons to your website design. You can also encourage people to share your content by optimizing your content for sharing, for example, create attractive images or infographics to be pinned on Pinterest and shared on Instagram.
Do your research
Different types of content are more shareable in different niches and industries. In order to create content that people want to share, research what has worked for others. You can try this method as proposed by Best Essays to go about it:
- Find about five influencers in your niche who have audiences who are always sharing their content. You can refer to them as your competitors since you want to beat them at their game. You need to pick these people from the social media platform that you want to create shareable content for since each of them has different formatting.
- Look at their activities for the past few months. What kind of content do they write and share?
- Take note of the most viral content down to the least viral and note the differences. What made the most viral contents better than the least viral contents? And then compare all the contents with high engagement with what you’ve been sharing. This way, you should be able to outline what you’ve been doing right and what you haven’t been doing right.
- Create content that is better that your competitor’s content and incorporate all your observations from your competitor’s highest engaging content into your own.
- Give incentives to your audience for sharing your content
Everybody likes free things, whether it’s a checklist, template or a digital product like an eBook that you can hire a writer to write. You can choose to give your audience incentives to share your content with a free prize.
Here is a method that Pro essay writers have used:
- Choose an incentive or prize that people care about.
- Set a duration for the sharing contest and the deadline.
- Once the deadline has passed, review your shares and choose a winner.
- Publicly hand over the price so there can be no doubt about the process.
- Learn to create useful content
A study by New York times revealed that 90% of users assess the usefulness of your content before they decide whether to share or not to share your content. This is why you have to make sure all the contents you write are not just aimed at maximizing sharing but also useful to your readers and audience.
Here are tips for creating useful content from an assignment writer:
- Find out what your audience is interested in or what they have questions about or problems with.
- Provide clear step-by-step answers to their questions or content that will help them solve their problems.
- Include a call-to-action
Make sure the information in your content is trustworthy
Use statistics from legitimate sites to back up the points you make. But you have to make sure the information or stats you share come from credible sources. When your audience see that your content has a credible source, they are more likely to share it.
For example, a statement like “Studies have found that 90% of startups will most likely fail” is less credible than: “A research by New York times has revealed that….”
This way you’ve provided proof and credibility that your content is right by citing a credible source and your audience are more likely to share information like this that has obviously been proven.
However, you must never make the mistake of misquoting credible sources just to justify your content or make a point and always make sure you’ve got your facts right.
There are many things involved in writing hot and shareable content. Therefore, to attain the skill for writing such content, you need to experiment with different content till you find the content that appeals to your reader’s experiences or values, answers their questions, solves their problems and most importantly, engages their sharing instincts.